Helping People Turn Their Passions Into Careers
“AWAI is built on a big promise … that we can teach you a new skill that can lead to increased income … independence from the 9-to-5 grind … and the freedom to live and work where you choose.
All of us at AWAI stand behind that promise. In fact, that’s how we measure our success – by how many people we help reinvent their lives.
I invite you to learn more about the opportunities we offer. Follow our proven advice, and you can be among the many successes we’re so proud of.”
KATIE YEAKLE has spent over 30 years in the world of direct marketing and publishing in the roles of copy editor, editorial coordinator, product manager, fulfillment supervisor, marketing manager and publisher. Recognizing the industry-wide need for talented copywriters who can deliver copy that sells, she helped establish American Writers & Artists Institute (AWAI) with co-founders Paul Hollingshead and Don Mahoney in 1997.
Today, as Executive Director, Katie oversees AWAI’s 70+ programs designed to help people turn their passions into careers.
Articles by Katie Yeakle
- Digging Deep for Your “Why”
- Richard Armstrong’s “Pitch Perfect” Keynote Speech - The Secret of Singing in Your Customer’s Key [video]
- Copywriting is the Ultimate Way for You to Live The Writer’s Life
- Secrets Gleaned from Copywriting Legend Leo Burnett’s Greatest Campaigns
- “What If I Don’t Believe in the Product I’m Selling?”