Get Paid to Write: How to Land Paying Gigs Writing Copy and Content

Rebecca The demand for good writers has never been higher, and contrary to popular belief, it's easier than ever to find writing gigs that pay very well by tapping into this $2 trillion industry. All you need to know is where they are and how to land them.

Join Rebecca Matter – who personally hires dozens of writers every year – for this FREE webinar she recently put on for Writer’s Digest Readers, and learn what the best paying opportunities are for writers, what you can expect to make for each of the projects, where to find the clients, how to land the work, and more!

Play Video

Get Paid to Write: Your Questions Answered

Rebecca received over 100+ questions after the webinar, so she put together a second video answering all of them. But if you have a question she didn’t answer, feel free to post a comment below!

Play Video

12 Responses to “Get Paid to Write: How to Land Paying Gigs Writing Copy and Content”

1. Very valuable....pushed me further into writing as a career. How do I get the PDF version?

Guest (Halcyee Anderson)September 29, 2014 at 9:37 pm

2. Copy writer....B2B Market.....Publicist....resume writing...

all kinds of 'bits 'n pieces'....my my...

so what does it all mean?

Nothing is free - my Mom told me that - so there has been no mention of costs.

I read constantly. Perhaps I should contemplate writing some thing for someone else to read?

Tell me more please....

R Pitman

Guest (Hnry)August 3, 2015 at 2:05 pm

3. leny, I got frustrated with your sales program. I unsubscribed. But I had already convinced my son in law that this is a very good thing indeed. He made me realize that I already know how to selland I know how to write. I hope I can be re-admitted. I have been an RN for over 50 years. I had to sell my patients to their diagnosis and recovery.
    I was very successful. I am a member of Worldwide Leaders in Healthcare.
    The International Nurses Association

Guest (leny Kaltenekker)August 29, 2015 at 11:55 am

4. I plan to use my experience as a trial lawyer, law professor and television commentator to become a copywriter.
    I've always loved writing. Even though B2B Copyrighting is different, it's still persuasive.
    My training to persuade in trials; televised debates,and getting 81,000 votes in an election is ALL ABOUT SELLING. Selling my point of view can now be highly profitable for businesses, and for me too. So glad it's measurable, because I'm up for the challenge.

GeorgiaSeptember 7, 2015 at 12:14 am

5. I love to write comments, opinions, emails, etc. and I have lots of ideas on many issues, items etc.
    I also LOVE the idea of being able to work at home thru my own business writing, am currently very involved in social media and have a book idea.
    The problem.... I cannot afford to jump in and write professionally - doing it the right way, without the stability of income.
    How realistic, dependable and length of time would viable/real income be expected?

Guest (Ruthie)February 8, 2016 at 12:01 pm

6. As a beginner ,do I need to send any copy of my write-ups.?

Guest (Simeon Adewumi)June 14, 2016 at 8:19 am

7. I like to write all types of things. Can't decide yet but feel as though I'm ready.

Guest (jmarie2327)January 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

8. Thank you Rebecca for this very informational questions and answers video.

Just last night I sent an email to Mindy asking some questions and from listening in to this video, I have a number of answers even to some I didn't ask.

That day I found AWAI's information in a Readers Digest at the Library and got on your mailing list, was a blessed day.

Guest (Nathanie Etinoffe)June 11, 2017 at 8:11 pm

9. I know I can meet this challenge but do not know to pick the category. Can individuals who get into writing make changes in direction within if they wish. Can you accomplish more than one direction? For example, can I write for a short story for someone like Reader's Digest and then write advertising copy for another?

Guest (Virginia Vinson)June 19, 2017 at 11:47 am

10. how much does this cost?

Guest (emdubcreativediva)July 3, 2017 at 8:27 am

11. I've been advising Seniors on Financial Planning and addressing their fears of
    "outliving their income" for over 40 years, which is the greatest concern of
    70% of seniors. Perhaps I can continue my efforts by writing on the subject.

Guest (William O Bill Jordan CLU)October 6, 2017 at 5:23 pm

12. I wish I would have ran across this thirty years ago.

One speech class in college taught me how to write speeches which basically is the same outline as writing an article.

I am also a psychotherapist. TaDa!

I don't want write copyright primarily because it is boring. UGH

I'm great with opinions. Whatever an audience wants to hear, I can zero in on it and give it to them. My bad?

What's the price?

Guest (SharonBD)November 29, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Guest, Add a Comment
Please Note: Your comments will be seen by all visitors.

(If you don’t yet have an AWAI Member account, you can create one for free.)

This name will appear next to your comment.

Your email is required but will not be displayed.

Text only. Your comment may be trimmed if it exceeds 500 characters.

Type the Shadowed Word
Too hard to read? See a new image | Listen to the letters

(*all fields required)

×
91% Off Every Resource AWAI Offers, IMMEDIATE REBATE of everything you’ve purchased in the last 12 months.