A Financial Firestorm Your Grandchildren Will Talk About

Joshua Boswell

Less than 860 milligrams of active matter.

That is what finally brought World War II to a close.

To put it in perspective … 860 milligrams is about 0.0303 ounces. There are 16 ounces in a pound. Take a cube of butter and shave off a thin, tiny flake with a butter knife and you’re starting to get the picture.

That is the amount of active plutonium matter that went off inside of “Little Boy” 1,900 feet above Hiroshima. The resulting nuclear reaction made a firestorm that was about 2 miles in diameter. It burned at over 7,200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Isn’t it shocking — almost mind-blowing — that such a tiny thing could cause such a huge reaction?

But that’s the reality of life.

Big doors swing on tiny hinges.

Huge ships are controlled by small rudders.

Life-changing events happen in seconds.

I had just such a moment in my life.

It was 2005 and I was dead broke … about $200,000 in personal debt with no income.

I went on a walk with my children down the dusty road to the post office about a quarter of a mile away. In our little tiny town in Montana, they didn’t deliver the mail to your home. All 150 of us picked it up at the post office.

When I got home, I looked through the mail and found a large letter that read, “Retire this Year and Still Make More Than Most Doctors.”

That is when it happened. A tiny bit of plutonium was in my hands. I could have thrown away that letter.

But, in a split-second decision, I didn’t.

Instead, I read on.

In fact, I read the whole letter in one sitting.

The rest is history.

That one split second decision … and the decisions I made afterwards to pursue my writing career … have radically changed my life.

But, it's not just my life.

My children’s lives are forever changed as well.

Instead of growing up with poverty-thinking, they believe that wealth is just a way of life.

Instead of growing up thinking we live in a world of scarcity, they believe there is great abundance all around us, and that by serving others, they can easily access as much of that wealth as they’d like.

Instead of believing they need to focus their lives on making money and becoming rich at the expense of things that matter most, they know that riches can be made by hard work and smart leverage.

Because of this, my one split-second decision is an event that my children and grandchildren will talk about. A whole new race of Boswells has been created.

Isn’t it amazing?

Such big things coming from such small decisions.

My friend — and if you’re reading this, I consider you my friend … we are on a journey together to make writing a career and turn that career into a lifestyle … you have a bit of active plutonium in your hands right now.

Today, you will make a few critical decisions … or not.

I learned a long time ago that the most critical decisions in life are made without a lot of emotion, a lot of energy, a lot of hype.

It's the tiny, little, unseen steps we take that actually create success.

As Jeff Olson talks about in his groundbreaking book, The Slight Edge, the most important things in life are easy to do … and easy to NOT do.

There are two things you can do every day to create real success in your writing career.

These are simple and easy to do … and very easy not to do.

On Monday, I’ll tell you the first one.

And, right now, you have a choice … will you read Monday’s article? It will be so easy to do. It could change your life forever.

And, it will be so easy to forget and not do it. And life will just continue on as normal. Status quo. Unchanged.

The choice is yours.

I bet you’ll do it. I hope you will …

Until then, spend a few minutes and consider how little things have made a really big difference in your life.

And I’d love to hear about them. Please tell us about those things by commenting below.

Get Paid to Spot Problems … And Paid Again to Fix Them

Every writer needs a strategy to connect with clients, prove their value, and ultimately get paid … but this might be the only service that allows you to create a proposal that does all three at once. And you can do it in just a few hours in your spare time.

Grab this foolproof “cheat sheet” to wow clients and create unlimited money-making opportunities for your writing business.

Get yours by October 18th and Save $200.

Click to Rate:
Average: 5.0
Published: May 19, 2017

10 Responses to “A Financial Firestorm Your Grandchildren Will Talk About”

1. I took control of a high personal energy burn rate by simply changing my focus after an antagonistic reaction to a person or situation...from what is it about them or it that rubs me wrong?...to what is it about me that rubs me wrong about that person or situation? I started to control my reactions and save my life energy.

Guest (Bob Picha)May 19, 2017 at 12:23 pm

2. Consider yourself fortunate to come to the place where the untapped talent in you was given the incentive to come out, it does not happen for many, and to most that it does, they simply are not talented "enough" to garner enough attention to be financially beneficial to them, but that is capitalism, the few special people, are fed by the masses...like I said, you are blessed. thank You.

Guest (Mike)May 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm

3. Hi Joshua,

You write and your writing infuses a spark in the heart that one should immediately do something. Your writing is so simple, concise and subtle that who reads is spellbound. You are absolutely right in saying that even smallest of the small things can change your life. Anything comes your way must test it, nobody knows what strikes. You should make sure in life that what you catch never give up. Giving up is failure. Writing is a big business, when expert, you live an exotic life.

Mahesh SeelviMay 20, 2017 at 12:07 am

4. Hi Will and Joshua,Looking forward to Monday,and I remember Joshua tour.AWAI has created,a lot of great copywriter's in such of a tiny time.

Guest (Darrick)May 21, 2017 at 1:24 pm

5. I'm at the point if total "frustration" I write and write without any results in my internet business. I've finally come to the realization that writing content as my means of support. I truly enjoy sitting down and writing a 700-1000 word article about various "niches" that help people solve a problem they are encountering. It makes me feel really good and I've decided to get away from the affiliate side of advertising and get into writing valued content that may change the life of a lonely or downcast soul. This is what I'm going to exert my en edgy from now on.

Guest (jmslee)May 21, 2017 at 5:15 pm

6. That is exactly what happened to me 2 weeks ago, Operation Escape From Corporate is now in motion! Ironically I read today's (Monday's) article first and followed the link back to this article. Today's article talked about a 7 figure writer and his copy cubs and one who was out producing them all. The secret? Hand copying great copy. So I'm going to do that and in that spirit just hand copied this article. Modeling success, it has to seep through into your writing, makes sense. Thanks JB. BP3

Dylan James MediaMay 22, 2017 at 1:13 pm

7. I have been a writer and communications/public relations problem solver for more than 25 years. I have written web content, news releases, white papers, syndicated stories, television scripts, online/offline newsletters, newsletter articles, church histories, and personal histories of individuals. Some of my writings have made front page news!

It has been a rewarding career, and I look forward to continuing my relationship with AWAI. Please reach out to me if anyone seeks advice or help.

The Write Stuff of North Wales PAMay 23, 2017 at 5:08 pm

8. My little thing happened on jury duty. In 1978, I was a teacher in the Chicago Public Schools and they were in financial turmoil. I found myself being bounced from classroom to classroom. Then I was called to jury duty where I met Mila, my future business partner. Lunches and conversations planted the seeds of a deep friendship. I didn’t know it then, but that “chance” meeting led to the fulfillment of a life long dream: To own a newspaper. Two years later, Mila and I created EXTRA Bilingual Community Newspapers, the first Spanish/English newspapers in the U.S. As a business owner, I did everything—but writing was closest to my heart. I became known for my investigative journalism and my ability to help young writers hone their craft.

Guest (Mary Montgomery Clifford)May 24, 2017 at 3:10 pm

9. Thank you, Joshua. What a great revelation about the powerful ripples created by one choice. Your story and your enthusiasm are quite an inspiration.

AnneWindsorMay 31, 2017 at 2:50 pm

10. You are so right Joshua, I just read your essay and though my comment may not be about the writers life --- here goes. 52 years ago I met a young lady. WE met by chance at a party. Chancies are we may never have met again, but I made a decision to write down her contact info.
    I followed up the next day. That decision resulted in 51 years of marriage --- three children and five grandchildren.

Guest (Carlton)June 1, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Guest, Add a Comment
Please Note: Your comments will be seen by all visitors.

(If you don’t yet have an AWAI Member account, you can create one for free.)

This name will appear next to your comment.

Your email is required but will not be displayed.

Text only. Your comment may be trimmed if it exceeds 500 characters.

Type the Shadowed Word